.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Get thee behind me, Satan. Matthew 16:23 -- Was this the text of the sermon Sen. Kerry heard today? We better find out soon.

For the record, just because I speculated early on that the Raging Cajun might be coming on board with the Kerry campaign does not mean that I am a card carrying member of the James Carville Fan Club. I am not.

And while getting this out of the way, I want to go ahead and note that this will still be my position notwithstanding something the Raging Cajun and Company are working on as I type or grits aren't groceries. The wording of something along the line from the never erring and always proud windsurfer along the line:

Look here you fellow Vietnam vet's, I've got something on my mind that's been nagging at me, something that I need to share with you. (Damnit Kerry. Just go ahead and say it and get it over and behind you -- the sermon text, now you get it.)

I didn't mean to suggest that you were war criminals. I didn't think that then and I don't think it now.

To the extent that is how you took the remarks I made years ago as a young man who was full of anger and frustrated with a war I truly thought was for a dubious cause, I apologize.

As Vietnam veterans having fought in that war half way around the globe where most Americans will never go, we knew that Charlie was the enemy. I can only apologize and say I am sorry to the extent my remarks caused some to regard you as such.

Anything I said and did that caused others to call you baby killers and look upon you with disgust and disdain rather than respect and admiration, I say for that I am sorry, truly, truly sorry.

Now that this is behind me, how about helping me kick W's sorry good for nothing ass and let's take this election and the White House back to the people. What d'ya say?
_______________

Will such be coming? I think so, but had I been in charge, it would have been the day I was hired, that is, mid last week. Why? Because when it is made, unfortunately, Vietnam will linger with us for a few more days, something we are running out of, and Vietnam being something Kerry needs to put behind him so he can move on to the issues.

If he waits many more days to suck it up and apologize, Kerry will do best to follow the advice of his previous advisors and say nothing else about Vietnam.

So let it be written, so I hope it will be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home