.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Monday, August 09, 2004

Will the tail wage the dog Tuesday? -- Effect of postponed Court of Appeals race on the Lamutt-Price runoff

Could the Court of Appeals postponement affect the Lamutt-Price runoff?

As a gut reaction I would say that it could mean fewer Cobb County folks go and vote since Bernes is from Cobb, but not that many since the dog (the smoking vs. nonsmoking dog race so to speak) is the Lamutt-Price race, and the tail the judicial one.

But from having looked at the numbers in the judicial race a couple of weeks ago, I am going to get out on a limb and say it is going to have an impact, possibly enough to swing the race Price's way.

There is another factor here also. Price's support in Cobb are ones who I think are highly likely to vote in a runoff.

Earlier today I posted: "The Lamutt-Price race is too close to call." I change my call to Price, in a tight one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sid Cottingham said...

Rusty says Vernon Jones is backing Westmoreland. I hadn't heard that. Politics does make for strange bedfellows. This is interesting Rusty, very interesting.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home