.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Redeal the cards -- A minor correction is noted here

OK, I stand corrected for saying in my last post that I have stated on this blog that playing the gender card is fine but playing the race card is not.

I thought I had discussed it under the post dated Monday, August 02, 2004, entitled "You can take 'em to the trough, but you can't make 'em drink (Mayor Franklin for Majette?). " And it wasn't in the post itself, but rather in comment 5 responding to an inquiry of when Majette raised the race card.

It was alluded to in such comment 5. But I made a direct comment concerning this on my website under recent quotables dated July 29 discussing Majette's blasting the Democratic Party leadership for not backing her while she was in Boston for the convention. Following my discussion, I noted:

I think it is healthy for any candidate to play, raise, discuss and even run on the "gender card" as an issue. This is positive and reality. On the other hand, playing the "race card" is negative and divisive and benefits no one, including the one dealing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home