.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Gov. Bill Richardson: "I'm a grass-roots candidate, an issues candidate and I'm an underdog. Those are three qualities Iowans like."

Don't ignore this guy. I have always been very impressed with him, and he just might catch on.

From The Des Moines Register:

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson is scheduled to make his first campaign foray into Iowa on Friday in pursuit of the Democratic presidential nomination.

Richardson's a sitting governor. He's a former U.N. ambassador, energy secretary and member of Congress. He's one of the nation's leading Hispanic politicians, who has shown an ability to win votes in Republican areas.

Richardson's background also gives him expertise on issues that concern voters - like foreign policy and energy security.

Richardson was born in California to an American father - a banker from Boston - and a Mexican mother. He grew up in Mexico and attended high school and college in New England.

Politically, "I can deliver some real estate" to the party. "I can deliver parts of the West that weren't Democratic before. So I bring something to the ticket."

Richardson promises a vigorous effort here. "I'm not going to attract a thousand people in gyms. But in New Hampshire, a lot of my house parties were packed with people. They're curious and they want other options. I think a lot of Democratic primary voters in Iowa and New Hampshire are tired of the media telling them who the frontrunners are."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home