.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Friday, February 23, 2007

From the Cracker Squire Archives: A one-liner by DPG First Chair Michael Thurmond.

From a 8-22-04 post about the 8-21-04 Georgia Association of Democratic County Chairs (GADCC) Richard B. Russell Dinner held in Macon each year:

Some one-liners from the evening:

Labor Commissioner Michael Thurmond (attired in a white dinner jacket): "It's been a thrill getting to see so many of my friends and acquaintances tonight. And it's been fun meeting some of you I haven't met before, including that guy who looked me right in the eye and said 'Hey waiter, how about bringing me another drink.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home