.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Cathy with a "C" Cox comes through again -- Still time to register, but only if you intend to vote Democratic.

As part of the set of recently issued emergency orders pertaining to the upcoming November elections, Secretary of State Cathy Cox has announced that the deadline to vote in November is Monday, October 4.

In order to still be able to register, however, one must swear or affirm, under oath, that he or she intends to vote Democratic on Nov. 2.

About 300,000 new Georgia voters have registered so far this year -- a 50% increase over the last presidential election. Of course since we don't register by political party, who knows which side benefits from the surge in eligible voters.

(UPATED SOURCES: on 300,000 part -- ajc; on Monday -- Sect. of State)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sid, what's this about? The link appears to be bad and I can't find another mention of this. Do elaborate.

Mel

12:20 AM  
Blogger Sid Cottingham said...

Don't ask, don't tell you GOP boyfriends that all is correct except the voting Democratic part. Also, fudged on the emergency rules stuff. Don't tell on me now.

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sorry. My sense of humor has been turned back on now. I really need a break. --Mel

12:33 PM  
Blogger Sid Cottingham said...

Say no more. The apology should be from me. I was in such a hurry when I replied that I thought it was Mae.
I hope I didn't get you in trouble with the hubby talking about boyfriends. Thanks Mel.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home