.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

House Speaker Richardson, can you help me here with my message to Rudy Giuliani?

I am not a prude nor a Pollyanna, but nonetheless try to keep a halfway clean blog. Once in response to a comment that frequently used the "f" word to a 9-24-04 post, I resisted the temptation to delete the comment but wrote:

This is neither the U.S. Senate floor [you remember Vice President Cheney's words to Vermont Sen. Patrick Leahy in 2004; I thought you did] nor a males only pool hall.

Allowing comments to be posted on a blog such as this presumes those posting comments will appreciate the rights of others -- including myself -- to be able to read comments without being subjected to lewd language and inappropriate comments.

This notwithstanding, sometimes a remark evokes a response that does not use words as refined as House Speaker Glenn Richardson's inappropriate comment that referred to Gov. Perdue's "backside."

Tonight I read in the AJC's Political Insider something Giuliani said while in Atlanta earlier today:

His most inflammatory statement yet came when he drew the difference between Republicans and Democrats.

“Republicans are much more willing to be on offense against terrorism,” Giuliani said.

While I respect America's Mayor for what he did post 9-11, my reaction to such trash talk: Rudy Giuliani can kiss my ass, the son of a bitch.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA! Good one Sid!

Keep it up!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home