.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jim Butler update on candidacy for U.S. Senate

Thanks to my friend Tom Crawford for letting me know that he posted the following in Capitol Impact on April 19:

Butler's out

Columbus trial lawyer Jim Butler has been often mentioned as a possible Democratic opponent for Republican U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss, but Butler says he will not get in the race and instead will focus on supporting a presidential candidate. "I am not going to run in 2008," Butler said in a recent email. "I plan to devote my energies to the Democratic candidate and my law practice."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to see him go up against Lynn Westmoreland for the 3rd district seat. I think if he were to challenge him he could beat him most definitely head to head.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Jim Butler is out. So who do we turn to now. Jim Marshall isn't going to run either, so that leaves me with these possibilities: Sanford Bishop, Larry Walker, Alan Powell, Michael Thurmond, Tim Golden, & Robert Brown ( if he doesn't become the next mayor of macon ).

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home