.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Earlier we read about the firm "Carter, Kahn & Cooter." Today we highlight "Taylor, Kahn & DiSantis."

Do you remember my 09-20-04 post entitled "I'm a lawyer too. I'm with the firm of Carter, Kahn & Cooter -- Zell's at it again (as in, a response always begets a response)?"

Last weekend Democratic Party County Committees had their elections thoughout the state. I haven't seen any official reports from the state Party, but I understand that several of the State Committee Members who were just elected for four-year terms will be so serving for the first time.

I wish I could say welcome aboard, but hey, I am one of the neophytes myself. I will say I look forward to serving with all veteran Members, newbies and Party officials and officers.

While new as a State Committee Member, I am not new to the state Party organization and its players. For those who are, just as I got a kick out of reading about the law firm Zell named "Carter, Kahn & Cooter" (O.K., really Zell called it "a Board of Deacons for Democratic Disaster if ever I've seen one"), I enjoyed reading in ajc's PI today what I think could have been titled:

"Everything you always wanted to know about the intricacies of the relationships in the firm Taylor, Kahn & DiSantis, but were afraid to ask."

Thanks Baxter & Galloway, we needed that.

The PI article:

Now you know what people at political conventions do: They marry each other

Bear with us here. World-wide conspiracies are always a bit complicated.

Lt. Gov. Mark Taylor on Wednesday announced the hiring of a new chief of staff to replace the departing Chris Carpenter.

Taylor's new No. 2 is Natalie DiSantis, a local attorney and campaign veteran. Her husband is Jeff DiSantis, the executive director of the state Democratic party. His mother is Linda DiSantis, top legal advisor to Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin.

Ah, you say. Through a single family, the Big Guy has successfully tied together all the Democratic elements he needs to secure the '06 nomination for governor.

But wait. The DiSantis tentacles are much broader than any mere gubernatorial race. Linda DiSantis' sister is married to the older brother of Chris Riggall, spokesman and strategist for Secretary of State Cathy Cox — Taylor's chief rival for the nomination. Another family member with DiSantis connections runs Cox's branch office in Tifton.

Suddenly, the Da Vinci Code looks like small potatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home