.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Monday, September 20, 2004

I'm a lawyer too. I'm with the firm of Carter, Kahn & Cooter -- Zell's at it again (as in, a response always begets a response).

So this guy walks into a bar and sees this comely, smartly dressed woman perched on a bar stool. Naturally, he approaches her and says, "Hey there gorgeous, how are you."

Already having a couple of power drinks under her belt she turns around, looks him right in the eye and says, "Look Mac, I'll screw anybody, any time, any where, my place, your place, front door, back door, it doesn't matter. I've been doing it since I got out of college. I just flat out love it."

Eyes now wide with interest he says "No kidding! I'm a lawyer too. What firm are you with?"
_______________

This is a political blog, not one to circulate such as "So this guy walks into a bar." But when I wake up at 6:00 in the morning and read about Zell's "Board of Deacons for Democratic Disaster," well, I just couldn't help it.

Rather than getting all upset and ranting and raving, all I could do when I thought about a law firm being named Carter, Kahn & Cooter was laugh so hard that it made my belly ache.

Carter, Kahn & Cooter. I love it. I assume soon it will be opening branch offices in Un-Holywood and Taxachusetts.

And in case you missed it, the topic is Sen. Miller's memo sent this weekend to Georgia Democratic candidates advising them to disavow Kerry as the "only way most of you will have a chance" to be elected, and to do so "quickly and loudly."

And you think the Senator was rough at the RNC. There he only accused President Carter of being a pacifist. In his memo now Carter is accused of being and keeping company with losers.

"Jimmy Carter, who lost big on the national level. Bobby Kahn, who engineered our biggest loss on the state level, and Ben Jones, who has lost in not one but two states and doesn't even care enough about Georgia to live here."

"Carter, Kahn and Cooter — a Board of Deacons for Democratic Disaster if ever I've seen one. They have become our spokesmen because our constitutional officers and legislative leaders are so timid that they are like those monkeys who 'see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil' about the current direction of our party."

"The party chairman has hung John Kerry around the neck of every one of our candidates, and our intimidated statewide elected Democrats and legislative leaders have furnished the rope and tightened the knot."

"The sad thing is that there has not been one single moderate or conservative Democrat in the state willing to question their ["our party"] leadership."

The Senator closes his short memo with the following:

"Those who have bothered to read this far may be asking yourself, why would Miller waste a stamp to send me this.?

Because despite what your leaders say about me, write about me, put on television about me, or post on the Internet about me, I still care deeply about the Gerogia Democratic Party in which I've worked for more than five decades."

I believe we will be hearing some more about this, what do you think? New fodder for the press who had grown weary of writing about flip floping.

(Stories about Sen. Miller's memo to Georgia Democratic candidates can be found at ajc and The Macon Telegraph. The memo itself is at ajc-memo.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mae said...

zell is crazy funny
crazy, but funny

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home