.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

I hope Cleland and the press corps flew Delta -- Otherwise what a waste of our Kerry political contributions

Veni, vidi, vici.

Well, not exactly. I, Max Cleland, came to Crawford, Texas; I saw no one but Secret Service Agents; I might not have conquered, but I tried to kick a little tail when I said:

"The question is where is George Bush's honor, the question is where is his shame to attack a fellow veteran who has distinguished himself in combat? Regardless of the political combat involved, it's disgraceful."

In truth, I didn't conquer a damn thing other than a campaign stunt, but this is all it was supposed to be anyway. But I will not give up easily: "I am just going to return the letter and make sure it gets in the mail," Cleland said.

The headline reads "Cleland tries vainly to deliver Democrats' letter to Bush ranch" and the article notes that "[f]ormer Democratic Sen. Max Cleland tried to deliver a letter protesting ads challenging John Kerry's Vietnam service to President Bush at his Texas ranch Wednesday, but the Secret Service stopped Cleland short of his goal."

Max, Delta is ready when you are. You did take Delta, didn't you? (8-25-04 AP article in ajc.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home