.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I glad he said that and not me!

Majette was in Albany on 8-2. The Albany Herald reports that black Albany City Commissioner Henry Mathis said he joined her campaign committee as a local coordinator because he believes Majette's vision and leadership match those of Miller.

"We believe Sen. Miller has done an outstanding job proven with strong leadership. Denise can certainly bring that same kind of leadership," Mathis said.

Although Zell and I do not see eye to eye politically, I still like the ole buzzard. But without question, had I made the statement that Albany Commissioner Mathis did (and I realize saying that I even still like him will get me in hot water with some), I would have gotten even fewer votes than Govind Patel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home