.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

I don't think I know you Rep. Burkhalter, but I appreciate your efforts & if I lived up your way, I would be out there helping you -- Ga. 400's trees

I have been following this for awhile. I know Ga. 400 thank you very much, but I do admit that I have never seen a tree I did not like (truthfully, I love trees, but not all trees are good trees. And if you are curious, I do know my trees.).

Alpharetta State Rep. Mark Burkhalter. I want to do what I can do to help you; I hope you will let me know. Good luck fighting City Hall.

Also, I want the Battle of Atlanta marked. Not to do so is criminal. I know Lonice Barrett, the former commissioner of the state Department of Natural Resources. But the Gov. recently moved him to greener pastures. I don't know the new Commissioner of DNR.

Col. Brinsfield wrote the article on the Battle of Atlanta in yesterday's ajc. Guys, we need to step up to the plate. This is Georgia history, our heritage.

I have three daughters. As each would reach the age of "understanding and would remember," a trip to Grant Park to see the Battle of Atlanta in the Cyclorama was duly scheduled and taken. The zoo was icing on the cake. To our family -- OK, primarily to me -- this was just as important as taking them to see the Statute of Liberty and the National Archives.

If you live in Georgia, and have not taken your family to see the Cyclorama and seen this great painting that toured Europe and America and almost was lost to neglect, it is your loss. It is something the rest of the South can only envy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home