.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Kudos to Cynthia Tucker on this keeper about Campbell (Mayor Sir, was there nothing involved, even something minor like Checkers?)

Checkers: Tricky Dick, 1952: "...the kids, like all kids, love the dog, and...regardless of what they say about it, we're gonna keep it." [it being the cocker spaniel dog Checkers someone had given him. OK, I might have only been 3 at the time, but I will assure you I have read the speech many times.]

Today in the 8-18-04 ajc Cynthia Tucker has another keeper on former Mayor Bill Campbell.

I usually give excerpts to give you a feel, but if I did this, I "should [be] on [my] knees begging for forgiveness" from Ms. Tucker for not pasting the whole thing. This is a must read. Thanks Ms. Tucker for a frank assessment, and also our appreciation to Mayor Franklin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home