.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Marvin Griffin stump speech, Douglas, GA, September 1, 1962 - Though only a kid and on "cuff link" Carl's side big time, this trip down Memory Lane is fun.

Marvin Griffin stump speech, Douglas, GA, September 1, 1962 (embedding to this YouTube link was disabled).

I started this blog in August 2004, and alluded to my support as a youngster in an August 2004 post that provided in part:

[In 1962] "cuff link Carl" Sanders beat "they ate my bar-b-que Marvin Griffin" . . . [in a] Georgia gubernatorial race . . .that represented good's triumph over evil for me when I was 13 . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home