.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Who says I rarely have a kind word to say about Republicans? Good show folks: GOP candidates agree with Roy that election isn't just about Atlanta.

From The Georgia-Times Union:

Nathan Deal and Karen Handel met separately with members of the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce over breakfast Tuesday to answer questions about their candidacy.

"As much as I like you folks, I will do all that I can to work cooperatively with you," Deal said. "... But we also need to understand that we don't need to foster the idea that there are two or three Georgias."

While Atlanta is the biggest economic engine, the regions contribute in ways Atlanta doesn't, he said.

"I have the endorsements of over 100 local, elected officials," [Karen Handel] said. "Here is this gal from metro Atlanta, and the mayor of Valdosta has endorsed me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home