.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Sunday, March 07, 2010

From the Cracker Squire Archives -- "Living-room ambience maybe; or was it the charming and disarming Susan Hoffman?"


Emmy-award winning Susan Hoffman is Co-Anchor of GPB's Lawmakers

Today my friend from South Georgia who authors Drifting Through the Grift wrote in a post "Love the necklace Susan. More fashion."

For some reason his comment reminded me of my very first post on this blog almost six years ago that was entitled in part "Living-room ambience maybe; or was it the charming and disarming Susan Hoffman?"

Prior to doing the post I had met and been most impressed with Ms. Hoffman and her considerable skills, and forwarded her a copy of my post reviewing one of her interviews. Maybe she did not appreciate my public compliment; maybe she did not appreciate receiving an unsolicited email; regardless, I never heard from Ms. Hoffman.

I mentioned my first post several months later when discussing the birth of Cracker Squire in a 3-18-05 post entitled "Who among us doesn't love to receive a compliment? -- Thanks DPG Chairman Bobby Kahn," that read in part as follows:

I began this blog last fall at the urging of a couple of e-mail friends. Knowing that blog was short for Web log was the extent of my knowledge of blogs at the time.

After watching Susan Hoffman in the "Georgia Week in Review" studio at Georgia Public Broadcasting one Friday night and knowing there were a couple of things I just had to share with "somebody," I got on the computer the following Sunday afternoon and after several hours of trial and error, Cracker Squire was born.

My first post entitled "Living-room ambience maybe; or was it the charming and disarming Susan Hoffman?" was posted shortly before midnight on August 1. It took me that long to figure out how to do what.

I found the many welcomings to blogsphere and compliments both overwhelming and humbling. All were most appreciated. They ran the gamut from "Great blog," "Fabulous blog," "The blog title is fabulous," to a rather recent "You're the Voice of the Democratic Party of Georgia."

Of all the comments, still my favorite came early and from a great friend who no doubt had no idea how her comment pleased me so, "You're so southern Sid -- It kills me."

Also deeply appreciated have been all the compliments and remarks so many of you have made in person and in private e-mails. To all of you, thanks seven times seventy, and the pleasure of this joint effort with you on behalf of our Party and our upcoming day is all mine I assure you. Is this a great country or what?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I approached costa rica investment opportunities because i wanted a house with a huge living room, so i decided to built my own house with all the space that i wanted to have, now i am really happy.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home