.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Saturday, August 08, 2009

I knew it, whatever L. Walker was doing was good. As Will Rogers, I like most people. Others I both like & respect. Congratulations Larry Walker!

In a 6-5-09 post entitled "(1) Whatever is behind Larry Walker's early exit from DOT board, I support. I have absolute confidence in him; & (2) From the Cracker Squire Archives."

In this post I shared former Rep. Larry Walker's resignation from the DOT board and also his contribution to the Empire State of the South. If you missed if, click on the 6-5-09 link.

The Macon Telegraph reports:

Former Houston County state Rep. Larry Walker, who surprised many people by resigning from the state transportation board in June, will join the state Board of Regents instead, he said Friday.

Walker, who has been replaced on the DOT board by Ocilla road builder Sidney Ross, said Gov. Sonny Perdue asked him some time ago if he’d prefer to be a regent as opposed to a DOT board member. He said yes.

“It’s as simple as that,” Walker said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home