.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How can I forget that a Ga. congressman, right after Nov. 4, said: "In my opinion, we've elected a Marxist to be president of the United States."

I did a 11-08-08 post entitled "Record these words for future (meaning 2010) reference. Rep. Broun: "In my opinion, we've elected a Marxist to be president of the United States."

Today the AJC's Political Insider reports that Paul Broun expresses "regret" for calling Obama a Marxist, and said that he didn’t mean to call Obama a Marxist, or a dictator. "Nothing could be further from the truth."

But as noted in the above-referenced post, what Broun said was:

"In my opinion, we've elected a Marxist to be president of the United States." This is a quote from a luncheon of the Martinez-Evans Rotary Club.

What he said may not be close to the truth, but that he said it is not only not far from the truth, it is the truth.

I am a forgive and forget type guy. But a United States congressman calling the President-elect a Marxist, a Marxist, is going to take me some time to forget.

I so regret that the congressman that said this is from Georgia, my Georgia, the Empire State of the South. Damn his soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home