.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Monday, May 26, 2008

She makes a gaffe, & shortly thereafter proceeds to put the blame on someone else ("out of context," etc.). I am sick and tired of Hillary's whining.

Obama makes a gaffe, Hillary is all over it for weeks.

She makes one, it is almost as if it were someone else's fault.

As noted in a 5-24-08 post, last Friday was not the first time she referred to the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy as her reason for staying in the contest. In March, she had told Time magazine essentially the same thing.

But this time the comment gets spread on the Internet and gets legs. Her reaction:

"Almost immediately, some took my comments entirely out of context and interpreted them to mean something completely different -- and completely unthinkable."

And I am "deeply dismayed and disturbed" that my comment about Kennedy's shooting would be construed as anything other than a historical reference.


From the outset Obama has said that he takes Clinton at her word when she said she meant no harm in invoking Kennedy's assassination.

I have tried to refrain from saying it for several months, but I can resist it no longer -- I am sick and tired of Hillary's whining.

(For quotes, see The Washington Post.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home