.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Was this widely publicized? I know I don't live in Atlanta, but I didn't see anything about it.


Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn on a scooter in 'Roman Holiday.'

From The Wall Street Journal:

In March, Atlanta held Scooter Commuter Day as part of a broad program to encourage people to commute on scooters. The goal, city officials said, was to cut fuel consumption while easing Atlanta's notorious traffic congestion.

1 Comments:

Blogger dusty59 said...

widely? No. I saw something about it the day it happened. I'd have liked to have gone- been riding a scooter for the past 8+ years.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home