.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Rep. Mike Jacobs to fellow legislator on her contribution in defeating the abortion bill: “You might as well have written my opponent a check.”

The AJC's Political Insider recounts:

As the seconds ticked by, state Rep. Jill Chambers (R-Atlanta), held her thumb downward as a signal to others. “I’m tired of men in the Capitol playing vaginal politics,” she said later.

[Rep. Mike Jacobs of Atlanta] switched to the Republican party only last spring. Minutes after H.B. 1299 was sent down the tubes, [Rep. Sharon Cooper of Cobb County] said that Jacobs walked up to her desk, tossed her a brochure from his Democratic opponent and said, “You might as well have written him a check.”


The foregoing raises an important issue. Where do we send our checks.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Great idea.. it took some looking up - but I found him..
www.keithgross.com

8:33 PM  
Blogger Amy Morton said...

I've heard we may have another democrat in that contest.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Not anyone said...

this is allegedly true, but, she has no website, not campaigned, etc. No one I have spoken with knows her name.

So if there is a candidate and she is something other than a complete rockstar who can dump .5 million into the race, I would say she is not credible.

Just me thoughts...

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would do anything to help defeat Mike Jacobs. He is a traitorous little toad. However, Keith Gross seems to have no credible organization or backing. So I guess we're toast in November and stuck with turncoat boy.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home