.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hillary, Hillary . . . -- "I could do that big rhetorical stuff if I wanted to, and if I thought it were best for our country. But I'm too earnest."

In Virginia last Sunday, two days before the Potomac primary, Hillary said:

"People say to me all the time, 'You're so specific. . . . Why don't you just come and, you know, really just give us one of those great rhetorical flourishes and then, you know, get everybody all whooped up.'"

So why doesn't she. According to Hillary:

"I could do that big rhetorical stuff if I wanted to, and if I thought it were best for our country. But I'm too earnest to do that, too sincere, and in fact too knowledgeable. That's why I deal in specifics. Because I know them."

From Peggy Noonan's column in The Wall Street Journal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home