.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Right party; wrong blog. - Nonetheless, welcome to Cracker Squire Rep. Alisha Thomas Morgan. Honored to have you as a reader.

A 4-1-05 post on this blog was entitled "Today's loudmouthed GOP Christians seem to worship a different Jesus, a special, mean Georgia Jesus who hates the poor, the sick, the weak & the different."

The subject of the post was a March 30, 2005 article entitled It's Alive! Austell legislator shakes up dying Democratic Party. The article was written by Doug Monroe and was from Creative Loafing.

If you missed it, it is a good read, and I would encourage you to read Mr. Monroe's article. I got a good number of e-mails telling me that they really enjoyed the article, etc.

Today that April 1 post received its first comment, and since its been two weeks, but for pointing out the comment, I think many of you would miss it.

The comment to the Doug Monroe article provides:

This is Alisha Thomas Morgan. I was looking for an article and came across this website and was particulary disturbed by a recount of a conversation that I supposedly had making comments about white supremacy and getting back to "my people". While I accept contructive critcizms and respect people's opinions, I did not make either of those comments and want to clear up any misconceptions that people may have gained as a result of reading that. I appreciate the support of all of my constituents regardless of their race, creed, sexual orienation or even party affiliation. In no way would I fight against injustice and then make racist comments in my speech or actions.

Alisha T. Morgan
State Representative

Rep. Morgan, the April 1 post on this blog to which you made your comment contains no reference to any comment you made about white supremacy. Nor has any such comment by you or anyone else ever been the subject of any post on this blog.

But it just so happens that I do know what alleged comment you are referring to; but you got the wrong blog. The blog with which you confused this one is nonetheless a great blog, and being a great blog, it should come as no surprise that just as is this blog, it is very much a Democratic blog.

The post on the other blog that you confused with this blog begins:

Doug Monroe lauds Rep. Alisha Thomas Morgan in this week's Creative Loafing:

"If the Georgia Democratic Party ever awakens from its persistent vegetative state, it may be because a 26-year-old black woman from a former white-flight suburb inserted the feeding tube. In a classic 'I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore' outburst, state Rep. Alisha Thomas Morgan, D-Austell, put a human voice to the frustrations of a passionless party."

And the post on the other blog that you confused with this blog concludes as follows:

Creative Loafing link found via Cracker Squire.

Thus it appears that the other blog noting that it came across the Creative Loafing article from having first seen it on this blog led you to conclude that this blog has attributed some comment to you that I had not.

The comment on the other blog read as follows:

My only encounter with her was on Family Day. I heard her ask my liberal colleague, "You benefit from white supremacy, don't you?" Our multi-racial group was taken aback. We were advocating for paper ballots of record so we had no idea where that question was coming from. She said, "I need to get back to my people," and turned to a group of non-white people. I've heard great things about her as well, so maybe she was just having a bad day.

And finally, keep up the good work and welcome to Cracker Squire.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joseph said...

I think she should would have done better for herself if she'd actually responded to the comment thread that mentioned her.

I can see why she thought you wrote that comment about her, but she probably should have read a little closer.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From everything I've ever heard about her, she is not the brightest person in the world. And that is unfortunate.

8:43 AM  
Blogger MelGX said...

Now now, for people who aren't familiar with the way blogs work, all the links and cross-links can sometimes be a little confusing. I would just like to use this opportunity to encourage everyone writing online (especially under their own name), to use a spell-checker. Comments and posts in the blogosphere aren't as temporal as most people imagine. They live on for years in google results, especially blogger comments, which are now favored by google.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home