.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Two new interstates that would run through Georgia are being pushed again - I-3 & I-14.

I-3 would stretch from Knoxville, Tennessee, down the Georgia-South Carolina line to Savannah.

I-14 would start in Augusta, cutting southwest through Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi.

The objectives of both proposed: Reduce traffic congestion around major cities, particularly Atlanta, and give small ones better access to the interstate highway system.

A big question looming is whether the federal government would pony up the money for two new interstates leading to the same city -- Augusta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home