.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Taking one for the team. - Rep. Kingson of 1st Cong. District: "I like my district, but I want to do what is best for the team & for the state."

Rep. Jack Kingston, R-1, likes his 29-county district as it is currently drawn, but that may not matter. Change may be in the wind.

Kingston's 1st District is among the districts that would change in the two versions. While the Senate map proposes to continue to divide Chatham County, as it is now, the House map would bring the entire county into the 1st District.

Kingston, whose hometown is Savannah, said Tuesday he doesn't plan to support one plan over the other.

"I like my district personally," Kingston said. "I like the way it is now, but I want to do what is best for the team and what's best for the state. If it's best for the state to change, then it's what will be best for me."

(2-16-05, The Brunswick News.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I've always liked Kingston. He used to be my Representative and is really a funny guy and obviously a team player, which is rare these days.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home