.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Hysterectomy Alternative Goes Unmentioned to Many Women

Gynecologists Often Don't Cite Less-Invasive ProcedureTo Treat Fibroid Tumors.

"If gynecologists did UAE [uterine artery embolization], the procedure would be done 100,000 times a year," rather than 15,000, asserts Robert Vogelzang, chief of interventional radiology at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.

(8-24-04 wsj; email me if you want the article. And no, I am not a doctor, although my wife thinks I think I am because I am a J.D., as in doctor of jurisprudence. But I do enjoy health related articles, and the wsj has its share. So much is going on in health care and stem-cell research that truly, tomorrow will be different.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home