.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Monday, August 23, 2004

Confession is good for the soul -- We'll just call it that anyway.

Yesterday I did a post that I entitled "The rich and not so famous -- A losing season in Georgia for a wealthy aspiring politician." It was based on an article by Dick Pettys (to which there is a link in the earlier post) that was about Brother Herman Cain and some guy named Cliff something.

After posting it for reasons other than it's subject, I decided to "unpost" it since it might look as if I was dwelling on something that is in the past as far as I am concerned.

But the post received a well-reasoned and thought-provoking comment that is worth your reading.

(For the record, there have only been two posts that I posted and then "unposted," and both represented hot news type items that soon we all knew -- the first being the Court of Appeals race being on and the second then off again. Such posts, though important for any of our readers who did not know it at the time, as one-liners are not archive type posts.)

8 Comments:

Blogger rusty said...

I use to be a zealot about not editing posts once they're up (without notification), but these days I'll edit spelling/grammar errors and things like that. I also decided to take my full name out of some posts to avoid being indexed in search engines. I still don't delete posts though.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Sid Cottingham said...

After having been duly reprimanded by Rusty, I will no longer delete a posting.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

(I went back thinking they might still be available, but on this blog, delete means delete. They were on the Ct. of Appeals race though. And hey Rusty, I agree your thinking is better. Rusty taught me that to allow comments on the blog, you have to allow comments on the blog. Tks again teacher.)

4:07 PM  
Blogger rusty said...

Haha, Sid. You don't need my advice. Your blog has quickly become my defacto news blog now that Steve's wrapped up in his teaching gig.

8:20 PM  
Blogger rusty said...

Haha, Sid. You don't need my advice. Your blog has quickly become my defacto news blog now that Steve's wrapped up in his teaching gig.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Posts are never really deleted. Thank god for Google!

8:22 PM  
Blogger rusty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:00 PM  
Blogger rusty said...

Oops, sorry for the two similar comments. Blogger was giving me a funky error message for a while tonight.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Mae said...

sid, you're too honest for politics!

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home