.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Monday, August 30, 2004

A fair economic litmus test question -- Are you better off now than 4 years ago?

Since Ronald Reagan posed the question with devastating effect in his 1980 bid to unseat President Carter, it has become an economic litmus test for incumbent presidents: Are you better off than you were four years ago?

An 8-30-04 article in the L.A. Times reviews how our nation is split on this issue, and has a line I need to add to my repertoire of one-liners:

"Just as all politics is local, perhaps most economics is personal."

The "perhaps" can be dropped.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

No, I lost my health care.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home