.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Rocks, a/k/a The Broxton Rocks - Douglas On My Mind, February 16, 2015, Part 2


A local treasure we grew up visting often, including camping there many nights as boy scouts.  I am proud to have had in a minor role several years ago by handling the legal work for The Nature Conservacy when it acquired the Rocks.

I have a photograph of the Rocks in my office that I often ask newcomers to our community: "Do you recognize this place?"  The response is often something along the line: "Is must be from the mountains in North Georgia."  No," I reply, "that is Coffee County, Georgia."

The male in in the interview is my brother Jim, number 5 of 6 siblings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home