.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Monday, November 29, 2010

'I am hurt, but I am not slain; I'll lay me down and bleed a while, And then I'll rise and fight again.' -- Bleeding my foot; I'm hemorrhaging!

On November 7, 2010 I did a post entitled "The Cracker Squire is a member of a dying breed headed for near extinction unless the Democratic Party finds a way to move back to the middle."

In a November 10, 2004 post I wrote:

It will take more than a little patience, but keep the faith.

In times such as this I recall one of my Scottish favorites, Sir Andrew Barton, for comfort and patience to keep the faith. Barton was in a crucial battle with King Henry VIII, and while injured, encouraged his troops to fight on, saying:

"I am hurt, but I am not slain;
I'll lay me down and bleed a while,
And then I'll rise and fight again."


Actually, Sir Barton's condition that he described merely as being "hurt" involved his having an arrow in his head.

I can relate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home