.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Saturday, June 06, 2009

I don't think this Fiat thing will have a good ending: U.S. Pushed Fiat Deal on Chrysler

My uncomfortable feeling on this Fiat thing has nothing to do with my not being a member of the Bob Nardelli (chairman and CEO of Chrysler) fan club to put it mildly; actually don't even like the guy as shown from my past posts. I hate it for America, but I just don't like this thing is going to work out as planned.

Although I suspect that in a couple of years -- for the reasons noted in the post that follows -- we will be served with a bag of horse manure about how great the GM thing is working out, I don't believe the Chrysler bailout will have as good an ending.

Putting no skin in the game, Fiat will initially own 20% of the new Chrysler, and have the option of increasing its stake to as much as 51%. The UAW would initially get a 55% stake, while the U.S. and Canada, which are lending Chrysler $4.9 billion during the bankruptcy, would own 8% and 2%, respectively.

Read the emails from this article in The Wall Street Journal and draw your own conclusions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home