.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Show host Dick Williams was beyond the pale today with two of his snoddy and inappropriate comments on The Georgia Gang.

Back in March in a 3-3-08 post I wrote:

Although I might be old-school, I still consider without question Bill Shipp to be the Dean of Georgia Politics and Journalism. When he was a regular on The Georgia Gang, I rarely missed a show. Alas, he’s now off and two of the regulars are professional lobbyists who spend much of their time shilling their causes.

After a couple of comments today by show host Dick Williams, I might have a hard time tuning in again anytime soon.

Comment No. 1:

The endorsement of Obama by retired General Colin Powell was brought up. Without doubt many Americans as I do greatly admire and respect this person who served as Secretary of State under President Bush II, chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff under President Bush I, national security adviser to President Reagan, and who has often been mentioned as a Republican presidential candidate himself (and I might add, who I have been praying throughout this campaign will become a member of Obama's cabinet).

Williams's response: The only reason Powell endorsed Obama was race.

As we know, Powell's own son Michell is a surrogate for McCain, and Powell himself has donated to McCain's campaign on a couple of occasions this year. Race, just race? I don't think so Mr. Williams. Your comment was a pathetic, childish and inappropriate.

Comment 2:

Jeff Dickerson was lamenting Georgia's high unemployment rate.

Williams's response was something like: That's good. They'll have plenty of time to stand in line waiting to vote for Obama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home