.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Monday, November 26, 2007

I love it: Thompson accuses Fox News of trying to "take down" his campaign. (Thinking it & saying it on national TV are two very different things.)

From The Washington Post:

[Former senator Fred D. Thompson (R-Tenn.), appearing on "Fox News Sunday,"] accused Fox News of trying to "take down" his presidential campaign.

Fox host Chris Wallace ended the interview with Thompson by asking him to respond to short videotaped comments about his chances by columnists Fred Barnes and Charles Krauthammer, two regular Fox News commentators.

"It's the wrong message and a weak messenger. Other than those two things, it's a great campaign," Barnes said. Krauthammer added: "There's not anything there. And in the absence of something, he can't win."

When the camera returned to Thompson, he was visibly angry. "This has been a constant mantra of Fox, to tell you the truth," he said.

Wallace tried to defend his network: "Well, I don't know that -- I mean, I don't know that Fox has been going after you, and I certainly don't think Charles Krauthammer and Fred Barnes . . ."

"From Day One, they said I got in too late, I couldn't do it," Thompson interrupted.

He later blasted Fox for running criticism from "your own guys, who have been predicting for four months, really, that I couldn't do it. [It] kind of skews things a little bit."

"I understand the game of buildup and I understand the game of takedown. And we all go through it," Thompson said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home