.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. I said I wouldn't because I just couldn't. I wish I hadn't (watched the President).

About 8:30 p.m. I told my wife Sally to pick which room she wanted to be in at 9:00, and I would be in another one, and proceeded to explain that although I always try to watch the President as I would any president addressing the nation, I just could not bear to watch what I knew I would have to hear and witness.

Although I had intended to hit the mute button at 9:00 as I continued to browse on the computer, I did not.

It was a mistake on my part. From the President's first utterance on, I started ranking and raving like a madman, wondering if he really thinks we are all so ignorant and uninformed, and more importantly, wondering what he really perceives our mission is now in Iraq.

This is indeed one sad time and sorry state of affairs for our nation with regard to national and world leadership and credibility, and this observation is valid regardless of one's party affiliation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home