.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Monday, January 29, 2007

DPG's Newly Elected Constituency Group Vice Chair to Hit the Ground Running

As a candidate for Constituency Group Vice Chair, Virgilio Pérez Pascoe ran on a simple platform:

"I have the leadership skill, management experience, and cultural sensitivity to help each county, leveraged by the key constituent local and state groups, build its programs and tailor its messages to bring voters back to their political home: The Democratic Party of Georgia."

Based on correspondence to Jon Flack, Chair of the Forsyth County Democratic Committee, the DPG's newly elected Constituency Group Vice Chair Virgilio Pérez Pascoe is hitting the ground running this Monday morning (from Jon Flack's blog The Peach Pulpit):

This is what I have decided to do:

• I will call our Chairperson Janet Kidd early Monday morning and ask her what her thoughts are.

• I will call Bernita Smith to find out what it is that made DeKalb win a 60k plurality in the last governor´s election. I want to understand what they are doing right---mostly who are the constituent groups.

• I will call Dr. Constance M. Burkes, Chairperson of Dougherty Co. in the southwest of the state to understand why it was that they also beat the Republican party in the last election, even if, by a hair. What have they done, and what are the constituencies there.

• I will call Jon Flack, my County Chairperson, because we live in one of the 100 fastest growing counties in the nation, along with 11 other counties in the State of Georgia, to understand what we need to do there to build a credible Democratic counterpart to the Republican behemoth and rid this county once for all of its regressive reputation.

• I will call the Young Democrats of the State of Georgia, for irrepressible fountains of ideas, hopes and goals.

• I will call Cobb County Democrats to understand how a rapidly growing, and diversifying county, and a Republican stronghold to boot ,has developed its constituent group make up. The one breakfast I attended showed me how diverse, active, and focused various constituencies are in that Party.

• I will call Ben Myers, to see how I can get educated on labor/general employment issues and specific constituent groups there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home