.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Knowing when to be quiet.

This morning I saw Howard Dean on television. There are two people who I wish had had the foresight to have kept a lower profile during this election campaign -- John Kerry and Howard Dean.

The following is from today's The Washington Post:

"I think, frankly, people don't believe the president anymore" when it comes to the war, Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean, echoing other party leaders, said in an interview. "We are telling people if they want to stay the course, vote Republican. If you want a change of direction, vote Democrat."

GOP tracking polls . . . have shown a slight but steady uptick since Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.), in what he called a botched joke, suggested that uneducated people end up fighting in Iraq -- a comment that infuriated top Democrats . . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sid. Enjoying your blog. Have been trying to pay more attention to the local stuff.

Though I agree with you about Kerry, I think you may be wrong about Dean. I know Hannity and company grab onto him but I can never forget the times I've seen him on MTP or such and he was the most articulate guy out there. Mostly during the 04 primaries.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home