.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Everyone loves a compliment.

Yesterday I did the preceding post that had as its topic a Tom Crawford article posted on Doug Monroe's blog Peachtree Screed. As many of you know, Doug is a columnist with the Atlanta Magazine, and previously was with Creative Loafing and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Doug authored the following comment to my preceding post:

"Sid, one of the subjects at lunch was how much we enjoy your blog!"

The lunch Doug is referring to is something that I did not include in my post but where Doug reported in his Peachtree Screed post:

"Had lunch today with a bunch of friends, including political columnists Bill Shipp and Tom Crawford."

I really appreciate Doug pointing this out to me. As my readers know, Doug was in the presence of two of my favorites and without question Georgia's best of the best.

Of course Bill Shipp is Georgia's Dean of Politics and Journalism.

Tom Crawford, editor of the Capitolimpact.com news service, covers politics for Georgia Trend. For those of you who might not know, Capitol Impact is a subscription service taken by many state government officials. I have had more than one such official tell me that such official's daily routine begins by reading Capitol Impact.

Tom also often appears on The Georgia Gang when one of the regulars is not there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home