.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Moving on to November!

A July 19 email from Mark Taylor:

Dear Friends:

Yesterday, the voters spoke loud and clear: they are ready for a Governor who looks after every day Georgians, a Governor who has a record of working for them and a Governor who gets things done. I'm proud to say that we won in 70% of the counties across the state! I could not have done that without each and every one of you.

I want to thank everyone -- my family, friends and all of our supporters. I appreciate your faith in me. The donation of your time, your hard-earned money and resources touched my heart. I understand that you are the reason I am standing where I am today. In November, with some more hard work, we will stand in the Governor's office.

As Secretary Cox said so eloquently last night, the battle has ended. Today, the past is the past. It's time to move on to November with a unified voice. Remember, we share many beliefs:

We all agree healthcare must be made affordable for our families.

We agree we need to invest more in our schools and our teachers.

We agree government must work for every day Georgians.

And there is one thing that we all agree on that unites us. We all agree that Georgia needs a new Governor. The families of Georgia -- the hard working people of Georgia who want a better life for themselves and their children -- need a Governor who puts them first.

There is so much for us to do together as Georgians. But we have a lot of work to do to get there. No matter how tired we are. No matter how much we'd rather spend our time celebrating a hard-won victory, we are not stopping for one second. I hope I can count on you again. Volunteer. Spread the word. Visit our website often for campaign updates and other news. Most of all, give us your prayers as we work together for a government that puts you first.

Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home