.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Miller Apologizes For Past Support Of Abortion Rights

“I realized how wrong I’d been and I was thankful there is a forgiving God,” Miller said today.

This is getting hard to believe. Nevertheless, remember my earlier statement that "I am pro-choice, not because I am a Democrat, but because I think it should be a woman's choice, and definitely not mine unless it happened to be my wife or daughter."

Also, as we reach out to religious voters, we should quit arguing the legality of abortion, and rather shift the theme to Mr. Clinton's formulation for abortion, that is, that abortion should be 'safe, legal and rare.'

And finally, remember that we are the big-tent party. Thus just because some have religious convictions different from me, we still have room in our party for such persons.

1 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home