.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Dean says he has in mind a "makeover" of our party and will have four new party operatives on the ground in Ga. by Christmas.

I've been at the beach the past fews days, but I did have access to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. What really got my attention came in Friday's AJC's Political Insider, while writing about Dr. Dean's visit to the state Thursday:

"What the former firebrand presidential candidate has in mind is a 'makeover' of the Democratic Party. He's spent time in some 'pretty Southern, pretty conservative' states and said he would have four new party operatives on the ground in Georgia by Christmas, as he pledged in his campaign for chairman."

I would have liked to have made it to Atlanta Thursday to meet with our new party chair -- which the Political Insider reported was expected to draw more than 600 -- but kept my priorities in order and stayed with the family.

But you must admit, the talk of "makeover" and "four new party operatives" raises all sorts of eyebrows.

If I had gone, I would have given him one of our bumper stickers. Do you have one yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home