.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Another day, more headlines about what Dean has said.

Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean on Wednesday defended his recent harsh criticism of Republicans, including his observation that they are "pretty much a white, Christian party."

Dean noted that he, too, is a white Christian. But he said the GOP is too narrow in its scope and the Democratic Party is far more diverse.

(6-8-05, The Washington Post.)
_______________

This comes on top of the (2) Republicans "never made an honest living in their lives;" and (2) saying about DeLay, who has not been accused of any crime, that he ought to go back to Houston where he can serve his jail sentence.

I'm with GOP Party Chairman Ken Mehlman who observed, "We gotta get ourselves beyond this point where when we disagree about politics, we call the other guy names," he said.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sid, you've had good Dean commentary. I think I'm a little more South Georgia than my roots would allow and you're a little more Atlanta as well (ie a lame way of saying that we're on a similar page).

Anyway, you should think about using indentation for excerpts in your entries. A lot of times I've already read the article in question and I just want to get to your commentary (which is why I read the site). Email me if you need HTML formatting tips for doing this (if you're interested).

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home