.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cracker Squire

THE MUSINGS OF A TRADITIONAL SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT

My Photo
Name:
Location: Douglas, Coffee Co., The Other Georgia, United States

Sid in his law office where he sits when meeting with clients. Observant eyes will notice the statuette of one of Sid's favorite Democrats.

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Some of us need to loosen up a bit, but OK, I surrender; just don't sic the FCC on me. -- I know that the Equal Time Doctrine is still the law.

The reactions to my 11-23-04 post entitled "Taking every position on every issue. -- Sen. John Flipflop Kerry says "You're playing here" ran the gamut.

I should have gotten a gold star for the post. Undoubtedly, it was my shortest. It was short and sweet (well, not too sweet to Sen. Just For Kerry, a/k/a Sen. John Flipflop Kerry):

"Being a team player, I resisted my urge to share this link pre-Nov. 2. I stumbled across it last night looking for an email address."

Most loved it; I got one serious sounding email saying that she bet if the inclination were there, the same type thing could be put together on W. (If you haven't listened to this, you should.)

I didn't respond to the email, but if I had, at the time I would have said loosen up, this is just fun and politics.

But actually, I disagree with her. Kerry might be a flip-flop -- what is this might be stuff; he is a flip-flop -- W's lines are classic in and of themselves, no contrast needed.

Without being requested, I hereby remind our readers of such, this being from a 08-17-04 post:

W -- Reprising a War With Words; But I still miss his Daddy's Veep.

(8-17-04 Washington Post.)

The malapropisms that adorned George W. Bush's 2000 campaign before going into remission during much of his presidency have reemerged to garnish his reelection bid.

"I hope you leave here and walk out and say, What did he say? " Rest is required reading.
______________

But all this does is make me miss Dan Quayle:

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.

I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.

This election is about who's going to be the next President of the United States!

One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.

If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure.

Let me just tell you how thrilling it really is, and how, what a challenge it is, because in 1988 the question is whether we're going forward to tomorrow or whether we're going to go past to the -- to the back!

What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.

Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child.

The loss of life will be irreplaceable.

END OF 08-17-04 POST, but it is not complete without my friend Rusty's comment to the foregoing: "Slick Willy, wherefore art thou? I miss having a president who can string words together into those . . . things . . . you know, what were those called? Oh yeah, sentences."
_______________

I do wish we had some of W's from this summer (the election is over; I did not call him the cowboy; he is my President). They will come, and we will enjoy them then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home